ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS
An Annual General Meeting of the ASSOCIATION, to which only members, Officers, Auditors and Servants of the ASSOCIATION shall be admitted, and shall be held with-in two calendar months from thirtieth of April each year, on such day and of such hour as shall be determined by the Council. At this meeting the following ordinary business shall be transacted:
The Council shall submit a report of the ASSOCIATION’s proceedings and the audited accounts of the Treasurer and such accounts shall be prepared so as to include such Income and Expenditure account and Balance sheet, and shall have attached such reports (if any), as are required by the Companies ordinance or Statute.
The result of the nomination for Office bearers of the ASSOCIATION and the Members of the Council, for the ensuing year shall be announced.
The notice of this meeting shall be accompanied by such copies of documents as are requisite for compliance with the Companies ordinance or Statute.
Not less than 21 days clear notice shall be given of any Annual General Meeting.
SPECIAL GENERAL MEETINGS
Special General Meetings may be convened by the Council whenever they think fit, and shall be convened on such requisition, or in default may be convened by such requisitionists as provided. In addition, the Council shall convene an extraordinary general meeting upon requisition to that effect signed by not fewer than fifty members, stating the purposes for which the meeting is to be convened and such meeting shall be convened within a month after the requisition shall have been sent in.
Not less than 28 days clear notice shall be given of any Special General Meeting, at which any Special Resolution of the ASSOCIATION is proposed to be passed.
Subject to the foregoing, Members who for the time being are entitled to attend Annual or Special General Meetings, shall have such notice of the place, day and hour of an Annual General Meeting or Special General Meeting of the ASSOCIATION, and in the case of special business, of the general nature of such business, as the Council shall think fit, or in such other manner as shall be prescribed by the ASSOCIATION.
General Meetings of the ASSOCIATION shall be held at such times and at such places as the Council shall agree for reading communications and for other business connected with the objects of the ASSOCIATION. In addition, approved Groups of Members may hold meetings under Chairmen, who must be Members at such times and places as the Council shall permit.
PROCEEDINGS AND VOTES AT MEETINGS
- Except at Annual General Meetings or Special General Meetings, no questions shall be discussed or motion be made relating to the direction or management of the concerns of the ASSOCIATION, and so far as possible such notice of any such question or motion shall be given to the Hony. Secretary as shall enable him to bring the matter first before the Council.
- Articles may be altered, added to, or revoked, or new articles may be adopted at Special General Meetings only, and in accordance with the provisions made and any notice convening a Special General Meeting for such a purpose shall specify the resolution to be proposed.
- All business shall be deemed special that is transacted at a Special General Meeting, and all that is transacted at an Annual General Meeting shall also be deemed special, except the consideration of the accounts and balance sheet, the reports of the Council and of the
- The President shall preside at the Ordinary, Annual General and Special General Meetings of the ASSOCIATION at the opening of which he is present, and in his absence the President Elect shall so preside. If there is no President and no President Elect, or if neither is present within fifteen minutes after the time appointed or holding the meeting, the Members present shall choose some Members of the Council, or if no member of the Council is present or willing to act, some Member present, who shall preside.
- With the consent of any members, the Chairman may adjourn the same from time to time and from place to place as the members shall determine, but no business shall be transacted at any adjourned meeting except business which might have been transacted at the meeting which was adjourned. No notice of an adjournment, or of the business to be transacted at an adjourned meeting, shall be necessary.
- In case of a vote for Office bearers, every Member shall have one vote.